Wednesday 27 March 2013

Talking to: Louis Cheron, 16 year old fashion designer

Everyone I would like you to meet Louis Cheron who has the mother tongue of the French language.

Louis Cheron, self portrait

I staggered across Louis on one of the top used social networking sites, Facebook. I must admit the "young fashion designer" titled against his name is what had caught my attention to speculate the page. I was bewildered when I had seen the visions, artistic and creative magic that this adolescent had. At the age of 16 his designs are beyond words, keeping them black and white so the imagination can run yonder. His composition are those that I could see parading the cat walks for the likes of Alexander McQueen, with people like myself only wishing that they had the chance to touch the magnificent art work, only pennies in the pocket and can only dream of purchasing the luxury.
Black Jesus Collection
Black Jesus Collection

We got into contact and my curiosity was running wild, I couldn't help but ask the "what inspires you most?" question. He explained that he had inspiration from many of designers such as Gareth Pugh, Vivienne Westwood and Martin Margiela. "My inspirations are mainly based on the career of Alexander McQueen. From my point of view, he is the designer who had the world's richest and brilliance there has ever been. Each of its collections is a infinitive magic, from "It's a jungle out there" to "The horn of plenty" through
 "Voss" each as dazzling in terms of innovations, in terms of direction and meaning"  I felt the left side of my lips go up, transforming into a cornered smile. I knew I could see his works being produced for Alexander McQueen and Louis's Amazing insight and fondness of McQueen proved that to me. He interpreted that it is not only fashion that arouses his mind of creativity, but also in the art as a rule, from painting, sculpture and literature to cinema, music and everything else. He commented with a quote that I will always remember "Assuming a creative spirit you must be curious about everything that surrounds you." I couldn't relate to this more. Some of the most best works out there,have been the ones that have been inspired by the most unusual substances.

Cut the world Collection 
Here is where I envy Louis, he admits that he has an advantage living in one of the four Fashion capitals, Paris. He explains that being a school boy, fashion culture is extremely accessible and materializes easily. Living in Paris and having fashion appear on his door step I had asked if there had been any objections towards him, "As I am a high school student, I do not really sew and my experience with fabrics and materials or using a sewing machine is rare. For example, I would help a friend make a shirt or embroider a flower dress. Drawing and designing is the only way for me to realize my imagination, in default of being able to sew." Being that age in school, you are focused on your exams and are very limited on what you can work on or with. When I was 16 I had never sewn or touched the likes of a sewing machine, so I can imagine it being burdensome.

God Save the Queen Collection
He had already achieved a goal to a certain amount when  I had came along. " I created my facebook page in order for me to be noticed as a designer by other designers, who hopefully would share their experiences or my own. Finding other fashion lovers like yourself whom I could get in touch with and exchange about common passions." Not long after, Louis came out with something that knocked my mentality about for a few seconds, "My biggest dream is to become a stylist." After all this time of us exchanging conversations, I thoroughly believed that Louis wanted to become a Fashion  Designer. Seeing his designs I would ADORE for him to become a designer. There are so many garments in his collections that I actually crave for. However, I can not force him to become one, styling is what he wants to do. I see though how designing can help those that want to be a stylist as once again it is the vision of ones mind that creates the outfit.

I shall keep in touch with Louis as I am looking forward to seeing how he achieves in his future and of course because I am a fan.


Dancing in the Dark collection
Terrible Angels collection. 


Tribal collection. 
Cut the world collection, sketchbook. 
 If you want to see more of Louis Cheron, design work go to this address ( I urge you to go, you will be missing such an artist!) : Louis Cheron- Young fashion designer.


All work, drawings and images were from Louis Cheron's collections and Facebook page: Louis Cheron-Young fashion designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment